Well, in addition to everything else that's going on with the adoption, we'll also be moving to another city in November. I know... the timing is perfect, right?
Since we'll be back in the States for three months for Isabelle's surgery, this only leaves one month back in this city that has been home to us for ten years. Although we're not moving just yet, some of our friends won't be here when we return. So, the goodbyes have already begun.
I know that we'll see each other again, because these friends are more than friends. They're like family. Yet once we move, just like the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins in America who share our lives only in snippets, these dear friends who’ve cried and prayed with us through the heartache of infertility and the joy of adoption (and everything in between) will only share our new life with Isabelle on weekend trips. And that makes me very sad.
I wish Isabelle could have the chance to know and love these dear friends as we do. I wish that she could know how much they’ve joyfully anticipated her arrival. I wish that she could know how much they’ve prayed for her. I wish she could play with the great gang of kids in this apartment complex... in Missy’s Circle, at the basketball court, in the grassy grove. Yet I know and trust that what’s ahead is a good path that our loving God is leading us along.
Friends, if you’re reading this, we three love you, and I’ll be praying that soon I can say that we four love you.
So glad you're keeping a blog so we can know your journey! Thanks for sharing your heart in it all :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteI understand (to some degree) your loss at leaving them. But also there are a lot of us looking forward to becoming your new family! I too am eager to meet Isabelle and see her grow!
ReplyDeleteTears, we love you all!
ReplyDelete